With less than a month of school to go for many European children, countless families will be contemplating where to go for their annual summer holiday.
Our experience at Navis Yacht Charter, leading sailing holiday experts in Croatia, is that catamaran charters are fantastic for families with children as they provide safe and spacious accommodation in some of the most beautiful waters in the world.
Similarly, while the sailing winds in Croatia are good, they are also relatively predictable, making Croatia’s fair seas equally as accommodating for gulets. Take the opportunity to relax and unwind as you gently weave through the Adriatic islands to the pace of the soothing Croatian mistral winds.
So for those families contemplating a catamaran or gulet yacht charter, we have put forward a fantastic itinerary to tempt you to these shores.
- Split: Begin your adventure in the bustle of Split’s beautiful UNESCO world heritage port and admire the wonderful architecture and historical artifacts in the city. The palace in Split was made a world heritage site in 1979 and has its origins in the 4th Century. The city and its beautiful palace are a great location to start your dream sailing holiday.
- Solta: Following your stay on the mainland city of Split, sail to the more peaceful shores of the island of Solta, which is home to many of the most beautiful beaches in Croatia. Enjoy having some time to yourself in secluded beaches with some of the clearest watersin the Adriatic. The beautiful coastal village of Maslinica, on the island, is often the first stop for people who begin their yacht charter in Split and is a beautiful port town.
- Vis – Bisevo: Next you can spend a day or two in Vis. Often labelled the most romantic island in Croatia, Vis is also an ideal family getaway. Explore the numerous coves and bays the island has to offer in spectacular seclusion and wander through the myriad of vineyards and olive groves. Meanwhile, the children will enjoy the old fishing boats of Komiza to the south-west of the island, the historic Venetian and English em battlements, and the loggerhead turtles and bottle-nose dolphins that play along the coastline. From the port of Komiza, the neighboring island of Bisevo is only a short sail away, and a must see if you are in the area. Here, there are fantastic white cliffs which hold secret natural caves behind their exterior. Once inside, an amazing blue light shines up from the sea bed to illuminate the marvelous, ancient caverns.
- Hvar: Arrive by yacht to the island of Hvar and it’s capital which shares the same name. The port city of Hvar, located on the South of the island, is the perfect place to moor up and enjoy a day on land. The city has a world of history to discover, taking influences from several centuries’ worth of different settlers. Discover the old town and the fortress, whilst admiring the stunning back drop of the steep mountain range. Biking, sea kayaking, rock-climbing and hiking opportunities await the more family orientated adventurers.
- Brac: The island of Brac, just opposite Hvar has plenty on offer to tempt any visitor. Located just a one hour sail away from Split, it is the perfect place to end your sailing adventure. Its endless stretches of sandy beaches, in particular the majestic Golden Cape will make you feel a million miles from anywhere. Touch down in Bol to walk among ancient roman ruins in the cool afternoon and enjoy the trail.
This is just a small selection of the wonderful beaches and towns Croatia has to offer. At Navis Yacht Charter we recommend this sailing itinerary for the ultimate Croatian island experience this summer. Of course, with a catamaran or gulet charter the opportunities are endless for you.